Surfacing briefly after an absence from this blog! Took an unplanned break due to a household water-related catastrophe and a week or so of intense (and incredibly loud) drying out of that which was wet, with a nice family-related trip to the midwest in there as well, which allowed us to avoid the noise and the damp for a while. Now we're working with insurance adjusters and contractors to restore our laundry room and hallway to their former usefulness, and we're organizing and sprucing things up while we're at it.
But while I was otherwise occupied, food was growing! I just picked eight blueberries and a quarter cup of peas! And there's some cute li'l baby pumpkins and yellow squash and zucchini, the bean plants are taking off, and there are flowers on the tomato plants!It may take me a while to get back into the rhythm of writing again, so bear with me.
And if you live in a structure that has water pipes, find out where your house's water main shutoff is and how it works. Sometimes things go terribly wrong, sometimes in the middle of the night, and a quick reaction can make a big difference.
Clockwise: li'l baby pumpkin; li'l baby yellow squash; |

I’m really sorry to hear about that 😕
ReplyDeleteI wondered where you had been. I thought I missed a blog it two. No fun having water related trauma.
ReplyDeleteOh nooooo - that has been a LOT and I am sorry! Also I am glad your fruit is bearing fruit as it were :-) - J
ReplyDelete